I learned how to make Cinnamon Biscuit Jammers probably over 10 years ago when I was babysitting for a family. And ever since then I have been looking forward to the day that I could make them for my own children. 🙂 Even though Brennan is not quite there to be able to enjoy a Cinnamon Biscuit Jammer, I still make them for Devin and I to enjoy! It’s a quick and simple recipe that can be served for breakfast, a snack, or even as an after dinner dessert.
There are very few exact measurements, so give it a try and see how much of each item works for you. Chances are you have everything right in your kitchen!
What you need:
-1 Can Flaky Layers Biscuits (can be store brand)
-Several Tablespoons Melted Butter
-Apx. 1/4 cup Cinnamon & Sugar mixture (personal preference for quantities of cinnamon to sugar ratio)
-Favorite Jam/Jelly (or whatever’s open in the fridge)
1. Preheat your oven according to directions on the biscuit can.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to cut down on sticky jelly clean-up later. This can be skipped if you prefer doing extra dishes. 🙂
3. Melt the butter in a small bowl and set next to your small bowl of cinnamon & sugar mixture.
4. Open and separate biscuits. Dip each one first in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon & sugar mixture. I use a shaker of cinnamon & sugar mixture to evenly coat things. Place each on your tray about 1.5-2″ apart.
5. Use a spoon or other object to create an indentation in the center of your biscuits. This is the “well” for your jelly/jam.
6. Place apx. 1 tsp. of jelly/jam into each biscuit well.
7. Bake according to directions on the biscuit can.
8. Enjoy! Caution though, the jelly/jam can be really hot directly out of the oven!