Passionate About the Community
and the Moms Who Live Here

My Capsule Wardrobe Experience: Video Blog

A while back I discovered this blog called Un-Fancy. It’s all about having a minimalist wardrobe. A capsule wardrobe. Here’s the concept: you have a minimal amount of clothing per season-like somewhere around 30-40 pieces. Those pieces include dresses, tops, pants or skirts,jackets and shoes. You choose items that you love and then you get rid of everything else.

I’m dishing about the whole experience in the video below and giving tips and pointers if you are looking to create your own- check it out!

*Thank you to Nate Byrne for providing the video and voice recording

Are you ready for the challenge? Comment if you need some help getting started!

8 Responses to My Capsule Wardrobe Experience: Video Blog

1. Brooke Brittell July 17, 2015 at 6:23 am #

Love this. I have been trying to stick to this idea for the past several months. It resulted in alot of dresses and 1 pair of pants.
    With twin boys who are just over 15 months I think dresses are not always the greatest. I am hoping my fall capsule will be ready soon as I have even less let’s say 20 pieces so far. Better start shopping for those key pieces
    You are an inspiration!

• Maggie VanDuyn July 17, 2015 at 8:59 am #

Thank you! Dresses are hard when your kids are that little! I’m a major Marshall’s and TJMaxx shopper. But I also recently started doing Stitch Fix! Have you tried that? It’s great for busy moms who have a hard time getting out to the store to shop!

2. Jim July 17, 2015 at 8:33 am #

That was great honey

• Maggie VanDuyn July 17, 2015 at 8:56 am #

Thanks for your support, Jim! Love you!

3. Meredith Bay Tyack
    Meredith Bay Tyack July 17, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

Love this, Maggie! I’ve been accidentally doing this anyway, it seems. I’m inspired by this, though, so I’m going to make it official 😉 If I try Stitch Fix, can I give you credit for the referral somehow?

• Maggie VanDuyn July 17, 2015 at 12:41 pm #

Meredith, I will send you my link for Stitch Fix!! You will be so happy to have your stuff you don’t use out of your closet!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Struggle With Fashion Trends? Many Moms Do - October 18, 2016

[…] being seen with me in public. Truth be told, I need my own personal stylist, I always have. My closet needs help. I blame the beginning of the end of my fashion not-know-how on yes, the 80s, […]