- Do you find it difficult to incorporate exercise into your daily routine?
- Do you feel only motivated when in the gym or group fitness classes?
- Do you think it is impossible achieve a solid and sweaty exercise session at home?
Well, YOU CAN!
There was a time when I answered YES to all the above questions. During my childless life, I would spend hours each day in both group fitness and at the gym. Within the span of a year, I had a baby, became a SAHM, and my husband became a doctor. With loans to pay and far less personal time during my day, I was forced to radically change my exercise routine.
Today, my exercise routines are variable, hard, and fun. I incorporate both cardio and strength training into each session. Here are my two favorite methods you can try in your home.
Recently, I discovered the TAM. What I love about the TAM is that it combines dance cardio with strengthening and toning accessory muscle groups (rather than large muscle groups) AND the routines change on a 10-day cycle (when streaming into classes or using videos).
- The variability prevents your body from plateauing.
- The focus on accessory muscle groups produces long, lean, and tone muscles.
- The dancing is SO fun and you are working your brain out too.
So far, I’ve been using free workouts on YouTube, but I already love it so much that I’m going to try Metamorphosis and Metamorphosis Continuity.
There are TAM programs for both pregnancy and postpartum.
Mary Helen Bowers is a professional ballerina and founder of Ballet Beautiful. The Ballet Beautiful workout mixes athleticism with the grace of classical ballet. BB also targets accessory muscle groups sculpt a dancer’s toned, lean physique. Her workouts are very challenging and very low impact.
- The workouts can be short and highly effective (awesome when traveling).
- Generally, no equipment is needed.
- You feel like a ballerina while working out!
I loved BB for my pregnancy and postpartum. You can also find some of BB free on YouTube.
I would love to hear about your home exercise routines, tips, and favorite workouts. I am committing myself to 30 days of TAM, and I look forward to sharing the results next month!